Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight truly Rises!!! :)

The title of this post says it all. The Dark Knight Rises is definitely worth a watch, guys. You don't have to go see it in theaters but it's definitely an experience I'm glad I got! A movie of such epic proportions is really worth watching on a big screen, but seriously, consider watching it even if you wait 'til it's out on DVD.

I promise not to give out any spoilers but I have to say I thought the movie was very good. After such a movie as The Dark Knight, which is at the moment quite near the top of my all-time favorite movies, you'd think it'd be impossible to make a movie that would even get close to the epic, powerful, cinematic feel of The Dark Knight (which I didn't see in theaters because I wasn't watching the Batman movies yet...SIGH.) Yet TDKR, as I prefer to call it so as not to exhaust myself, measures up to TDK.

My only complaint now is that I still have the remnants of a headache given to me by the lovely computerized volume control at the movie theater which apparently likes to turn itself back up to very loud even if it is manually turned down. I believe there may be a conspiracy: do movie theaters want us to go deaf?

Also, I have to say that almost 100% of the movie trailers we saw were for horribly violent, "shoot-em-up" type movies--seriously, people? In a violent world, do you really think we want to watch all this horrid violence? Isn't watching a movie supposed to be fun?

This is the end of my rant. For now. That said, I highly recommend you watch TDKR! Also, if you haven't yet, I also recommend watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, as well. By the way, if you're not a Batman fan, I wasn't either until I began watching these Christopher Nolan films.

No comments:

Post a Comment