Thursday, October 20, 2011

poem

Hey everyone! This is a poem I wrote yesterday I thought I'd share.

Nature is Bright and Gloomy
--
I say
Nature is bright
and gloomy
like a necklace
chain mostly dull
but shining through
as well
The bright leaves
of Autumn fiery
blow
up near the endless
gray sky while
raindrops cold and
transparent
pelt down.
I say
Nature is bright
and gloomy.
In the woods
there are gray rocks
nameless
and mysterious
because of
what they hide
Some of them you break
open
and find garnets and
other things shining
worthless yet bright.
I say Nature is bright
and gloomy
for when the leaves
sink down
covering old dying
crackly grass
the sky looks down
blank gray
and gloomy
but down here
it is bright
(Copyright Katy Allie, 2011. All rights reserved.)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE IT! didn't know you were into poetry!!?!? I LOVE POETRY!! although i've never been very good at writing it... you're good though!! :) have you written very much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Rene!!! :) I didn't know you were into poetry either!! that's cool!!!
    hehe thanks...I'd like to read some of your poetry!! Yeah I've written other poetry, I like some of it better than others though!!! what poets do you like to read? My favorite is probably e.e. cummings...his poetry is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exactly Autumn in Connecticut. And the other day when it was cloudy and wet, the trees were just glowing all on their own, and I thought, "Yup, just as Katy said: Nature's bright and gloomy." So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a very interesting contradiction, isn't it? I love it when stuff like that strikes me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh btw @Rejelle: You should totally post one some of your poetry on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Preciosa!!! :)
    Ooooh yeah!! you should, Rejelle! ;) :P Great idea Preciosa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I thought it was a good idea too! ;D

    ReplyDelete