Tuesday, October 25, 2011

J.W.: Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to a dear friend of mine, a 32-year-old Appaloosa horse named J.W. I have been helping take care of him for more than four years. We began a very special friendship in 2007. J and I have shared in each other's lives and we've learned a lot from each other. I am sad to say goodbye but I know that it was the right time. Today J was taken away from our world and I am sure he will be kicking up his heels like a colt in Heaven.
A poem I wrote today while I was thinking of J:
My Heart is Like an Empty Place
by Katy Allie
--
My heart is like an empty place
Filled up with things I love
People, places, friends and such
Things I hold dear

When something is gone from my heart
When death or separation comes
The empty place is back
Void of all but feelings and memories

The empty place will never completely be filled
It will always be an aching place
Dulled with time but there making you remember
All your memories always flooding through you

I can recall memories of dear ones
Those gone from sight but not from mind or spirit
I cannot see them on this earth but I can see them in my mind
They are there just the same.
(Copyright Katy Allie, 2010. All rights reserved.)



2 comments: