Monday, October 17, 2011

the 130th post, getting ready for winter

This is my blog's 130th post! :) Thanks for your help with the posts, R &P! Hope we can keep posting awesome stuff! :)

In New England, it's like suddenly, you start to notice not all of the leaves are green anymore...at first you try to ignore these first signs of the coming colder seasons. As much as you try to ignore them, though, the leaves all begin to turn...brown, yellow, orange, red...and soon you're in Autumn, that season where there are the crisp smells of the leaves and a woody, sooty smell of woodsmoke...maybe even that not-as-nice smell of of burning leaves.

Finally today, they're getting rid of a branch that mostly came off a tree across the street during Hurricane Irene. Turns out the got rid of the whole tree, too...but it sure took them long enough to do anything about that branch! Maybe they thought the person who's property the tree is on (although I'm not sure where their property line is) would be getting rid of it. At any rate, the tree guys are taking care of it now, and because the tree is close to a power line, it's probably best they do it anyway.

It's getting pretty brisk around here...the humidity is gone, only coming back with rainy weather. The weather is cool and a bit blustery at times. We're on our way to Winter, whether we like it or not--but, we've still got a lot of Autumn to look forward to. Raking leaves, and Thanksgiving...and perhaps more raking leaves!

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I love fall and winter.... when it starts to get chilly I just have to squeal with delight and put on the kettle for tea. Then maybe have some coffee and more tea. Sweaters are back and so are nice warm socks.... <3 Can't wait for Christmas lights and holly. And my friend the mistletoe with the ringing bell attached. :) Oh how I love the cold!

    Congrats on your 130th post! I'm almost to my 100th post.... (but my 100th lesson in my math book would be more exciting considering there are only 120 in the whole thing. ;p)
    I'm done with being random.... Thanks for posting Katy.
    *hugs*
    ~Payton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I've posted much...but you're welcome! :D
    @Payton: I don't like cold. Mostly because you HAVE to wear socks. And those sweaters? Who ever put them away? I wear them all year! I also drink tea and coffee all year. So basically when it's cold I'm drinking them because I HAVE to so that my hands aren't cold but other time of the year I drink them because I WANT to. but you see I almost never WANT to wear socks. (ugh, soo annoying...and shoes! sigh)
    Anyway... At least when it's cold you get snow, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Payton: Yes, there are definitely nice things about cold weather! Like sitting near a wood stove when it's really cold out...and of course Christmas, and Christmas Eve, which is one of my favorite days of the whole year. You're welcome! Thanks for commenting! :) hugs back at ya!
    @Preciosa: aww! well you do post though! and I really appreciate it! :) You should also totally come here sometime in Winter because we get a lot of snow frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR 130TH POST!! YOU COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY ROCK AT BLOGGING KATY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWWW!!! THANKS! BUT I'M NOT ACTUALLY ALWAYS GOOD AT IT!! :) plus I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND COMMENTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL you're a LOT better at posting then I am!!! I'm doing good to post every month, and you're here posting like every week!

    ReplyDelete