Friday, September 2, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Hey! So I haven't been able to post for a bit; sorry about that! Part of the reason is Hurricane Irene. So don't blame me! Blame Irene! ;) By the time it got to where I live it was a tropical storm, not a hurricane...but it was still kind of scary. There was wind and rain and on Sunday morning around 9, we lost our power. We got it back yesterday evening.
Still, there are many parts of the state where the power is not restored yet, and the cleanup is not done either. On our street, there was a branch that fell onto a power line, bent it downward, and blocked the road by slanting over it and touching the other side of the road. In other parts of my town and the state, there were problems like this and even trees that fell over. Also, a couple houses nearer to the shore were unfortunately washed out to sea.
Sorry about the Peru journal. No, I have not totally forgotten about it, and YES! you will see the other entries! :)

9 comments:

  1. it's okay!!! Glad you all are safe! :) And don't worry about taking a long time posting the Peru journal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Preciosa! :) lol thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, glad you're back! lol...and that you didn't get washed away!! i know what you mean about not being in the mood to do different stuff like that... :/ sadly Preciosa knows how bad i can be about that...*cough cough* the story....... :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Rene! :) THANKS!!!!! me tooo!! ALWAYS thankful for that!!
    haha LOL!! well...I will still try to get some more on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol hate to say it Rene but...well you said it first! *cough cough* yep anyway. But actually, I know that feeling too so don't worry about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...is it seriously my turn w/ the story??? I AM SOOOO SORRY!!!!!!! i thought you still had it....:-/ SORRY!!!!! i forgot i guess... :(
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol yes it's seriously your turn! BUT IT'S OKAY!!!!!!!! actually...did I ever send it to you? I might of forgotten and never sent it. hmm so maybe it's NOT your fault! I'll e-mail you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol there's a lot of that going around....I keep forgetting to send you our story, Preciosa! SORRY!! I'll try to do that SOON!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I guess so. Really Katy, it's FINE!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete